Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tasks completed recently

In the recent weeks I've worked on the game a lot. Below is a list of things I've done, and a list of things that still need to be completed.

Completed:

Designed the city scene which doubles as a skyline in the other scenes. I applied a texture bake technique I learned in a tutorial to bake Ambient Occlusion and Shadows into the scene. This heavily reduces fps lag since there's no need for real time shadows and make the scene look a lot more realistic. You're transported to this scene when you near the exit of the park.

Modeled and rigged a human child model and posed it on the playground and in the room scene. She was created from a program called MakeHuman but I heavily modified her mesh afterwards.

Lit and textured the room scene created by Martin. I also mirrored the room to allow the player to look into the mirror. 

Added moving skyboxes and skylines to every scene.

Completely overhauled the logic for taking a photo. I needed to make it so the camera would raise with a right click then fade away so it wouldn't be there when the viewfinder overlay appeared. Then when taking a photo I needed to remove the viewfinder overlay so that the screenshot didn't capture the viewfinder circle. I also have it so that when you snap a picture a black plane slide in and out quickly representing the camera shutter. Finally when you take the picture a grayscale filter is applied so it looks like you're taking black and white photography. 

Added a camera blur/focus mechanic.

Implemented the inventory system which fades in and pauses the scene when you hit tab. This displays all of the photos you've taken on planes which you can shift left and right. After implementing it I found that it only worked in multitexture mode and not GLSL. I'm currently trying to sort the bugs out.

Need to finish:

Fix photo inventory system.

Add more photo spots.

Lighting in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment